Dubai Expo 2020 logo and brand identity
Task: create logo design proposal for a Dubai Expo 2020 contest which took place in 2015. The main goal was to create a design that reflects the main theme of the event: Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.
• The Expo 2020 logo has a shape of the UAE map boundaries which formed by the facets of colored in UAE flag colors.
Facets means multifacsitive (ness) culture and society and they shows this powerful spirit of partnership and cooperation.
• This form was choosen not accidentally. How many of us can fairly tell that they remember how does the UAE country looks on the map? I can guess that if you are not a UAE resident, you probably couldn’t remember it without a help of google.
And this is strange, because UAE has the second largest and the most diversified economy in the GCC (after Saudi Arabia). The UAE has the most advanced and developed infrastructure in the region. And in overall it’s the most leading country in the world.
• The star at the right top area is made of an edges of this polygon form and it symbolizes connection of the minds and also location of the expo – Dubai, the pearl of the UAE.
This star also means a meeting point for the global community where all world stars of the high-tech industries will share innovations and make progress on issues such as the global economy, sustainable development and improved quality of life.
• Universal appeal
• Expression of the theme
• A unique symbol for a unique place
• A logo to stand the test of time
Dubai’s Arabic name – Al Wasl – means ‘the connection’, and this is reflected in Dubai’s modern day position as a central hub between East and West. With an anticipated 25 million visits to our Expo, and 70 per cent of visitors predicted to come from overseas, it will be the most globally inclusive event in Expo history.Visit site